Saturday 18 September 2010

Sketchbook: concertina beaches

Look at my amazing new sketchbook! It's a concertina design which looks like a regular sketchbook from the outside but stretches out accordion-style. I can't believe I haven't used it until now, I brought it out with me and test drove it last night at Barker's Beach while PT windsurfed.


Barker's Beach 1: towards Rum Point - pen and watercolour
Barker's blues 1 & 2 - watercolour, sand and pen
PT is lost / Barker's towards West Bay - watercolour and pen
 

In the above image, as you can tell from the title, PT got lost, the wind zoomed him up and away towards West Bay, he eventually abandoned his windsurf on the beach and we had to retrieve it with the jeep about half a mile further up the beach!

My sketches below, show PT battling the wind and the choppy waves until he disappeared from view, note the sketches which became a mere triangle, line and a dot (top of image), this was all I could make out of PT and his windsurf on the far horizon.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new sketchbook Michelle, nice content too ;-) great to see lots of activity on the blog recently, it's an interesting contrast to the autumnal feel settling in over London.

    ReplyDelete